Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reminiscing...


So school started last week and I am already soo tired and stressing out! I'm only taking 15 credits this semester, but I'm up to all my upper-division classes so things are getting pretty difficult. BUT, if all goes to plan I should be graduating in April! Yay! Yeah, it only took me six years and 3 schools to get my bachelors! Jeez! Anywho, so while I should be doing my massive amounts of reading and homework right now, I'd rather be looking at all the pictures from fun things Ben and I did this summer instead! So I thought I would post on here and reminisce a little bit!

First was our Disneyland trip with The Hamms in May! It was seriously so much fun and one of my best Disneyland trips ever. We were so glad to go with Forrest and Melissa! Especially because it was Forrest's first time going! Here are just a couple pictures:

We braved the line to go meet Mickey!

CLASSIC =)

Our friends Priscila and Nick met us down there one of the days! It was so good to see them! They are just the cutest couple..ever!

Best Friends! We got to celebrate both of their birthdays while we were there!

The whole gang! We got to go to an Angels baseball game with my family the last night we were in California.

Next was the Scottish Festival! Ben is very very proud of his Scottish heritage and ever since we first started dating he has wanted us to go the the Pay Scottish Festival, but for some reason or another we have never gotten to in the past 3 years. So finally this year we got to go, and it was way fun..and half way through the day we got to meet up with his parents too! Here it is:

We saw our friend Josh there too, and he told us we HAD to get this Bison Beer Root Beer. Oh my goodness it was so good! And it comes in these cool bottles, that you can refill there every year!

Scottish Games! This one is Ben's favorite, but I can't remember what it was called.

Oh yeah. There were A LOT of kilts that day.

Us watching the games, pretty much DYING of the heat!

This was my favorite game..but I also can't remember what it was called. I just liked that they used a pitchfork to toss the hay bale over the thing! The arrow is pointing to the hay bale...just so you know....

I'm pretty sure I am strong enough to win any of these games! Haha!

Then of course...Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out this summer and you better believe we were at a midnight showing! Ben is not so much a fan of sitting around in the heat for hours, but it was worth it! Admittedly I cried the entire way home after the movie..anyone else?? It's probably a good ting we didn't get a picture of that!

Just waiting! There were about 10 or 12 showings at midnight at the theater we were at.

Ben was restless after about an hour.. By the way...did I mention Ben has a beard now?

Forrest and Melissa showed up after their early showing of the movie. Their costumes were AWESOME! Forrest couldn't get away from crowds wanting to take pictures with him..at one point there was a line of about 15 people!

Almost time!

I'll have to make another post with the rest of our summer memories! Stay tuned!

Ben and Kelsie Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment