Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pinewood Derby

I told my mom I was going to post this last week, but I kept running out of time so here it is. For those of you who don't know, Ben and I are the cub scout den leaders in our ward and have been since the first week we were married. One of the highlights of cubscouting is the Pinewood Derby! Last year we didn't do a derby, we did a Raingutter Regatta, which is basically the same thing but with boats (We made a boat that we painted with whiteout and named the Monkey King...it was a little last minute.) But this year we got to a do a derby and I was soooooooooo excited!!! We only had one car and so Ben said it could be all mine to design! We asked Jason, our brother-in-law, to help make it because he is basically the best pinewood derby car maker in the entire world! After two hours of Ben standing out in the cold in the workroom and my sitting nice and warm inside at a pampered chef party... The Pink Lady was born. Isn't she beautiful??

So the Derby went great and Ben and I got to judge our boys cars for awards, which was super fun!! And The Pink Lady did great! I was obviously the only girl in the competition and needless to say, I won every single one of my races (well expect for the one where I sent my car down backwards..I was starting to feel bad for beating the boys every time.) Here are a couple pictures of me and my car! I'm actually pretty excited to do it again when Ben and I have little boys in cubbies!!
Jason had one of Ben's old cars from when he was a scout and we decided to race...I won. :)
Classic scout, car, award picture! How adorbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment