Sunday, April 14, 2013

Update: January 2013

As per usual, I have started to feel guilty about not posting on here. This time it might have a little something to do with my mom giving me a guilt trip about it. Just kidding Mom!!...sorta, but yeah. I guess I just feel like we don't really do all that much that warrants blog posting, and we don't have any babies to post about which seems like what pretty much everyone else I know blogs about. Sadly, I am not particularly clever or witty so I don't have any funny or interesting thoughts to entertain you with. So what then? Well I guess I'll just update you with some of the things we have been up to the last couple months!

January:

1. Ben and I both work in the youth program in our church, so one Saturday we got to go sledding with both the Young Men and Young Women. It was seriously so much fun! We got to the hill early enough that we had the whole place to ourselves for about an hour and a half. I had bought my first pair of snow pants for the occasion, and let me tell you..they are awesome!! They were overall snow pants, and I felt just like a lumberjack. I fell plenty of times and didn't get wet at all! Of course Ben had a great time, because he really is just a kid at heart and he loves spending time with the youth. Here we are:

Before crashing and burning multiple times!
Going down together..
And racing, because we turn everything into a competition. I won, btw.
Instagram pic!
2. As part of our Young Women's program, we had our New Beginnings in January (i.e. the kickstart to the new year, we introduce the new young women's theme...for those of you non-mormons, or mormon's who just forgot what that was.) Our New Beginnings this year was about accentuating our beauty through modesty. I had seen something on Pinterest (of course) where a woman made homemade fortune cookies and put fortunes in there with quotes about beauty. So I thought, I can bake...I can do this...yay me! Well, this was how they turned out:


 Pretty impressive, right? Haha, that was a serious #pinterestfail. At least the activity still turned out great!

Nothing else major went on in January, other than freezing our butts off because it was one of the coldest and snowiest winters we've had in a long time.

Coming Soon: February!
But for now, I need to go watch Tangled for the thousandth time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just provide the vehicle for the guilt trip; you don't have to get on! :) But I love the pictures. Sorry about the fortune cookies. You wouldn't think they'd be that hard, huh?

    ReplyDelete