Thursday, December 22, 2011

It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I made an advent calendar! I could have made a cute little opening, but well..the point of the post is that I made an advent calendar! I've been wanting one that would last through the years, that I could hang on my wall, and that had little canisters or boxes for each day that can hold candies or slips of paper with fun holiday activities to do!!

And now I have one! Thanks to my mom for helping me out/basically doing all of it! Haha! Here is the process:

We just bought a frame and mod-podged adorable Christmas paper into it.

The whole background!

Our cute little canisters with Christmas paper on the lids! We were so glad to find these in the wedding favor section! 



Adding fun embellishments and making each day different!

The finished product!
I should say ALMOST finished product. I'm still trying to find the right quote or title in chipboard letters to put next to the santa...perhaps I will just make my own cut out with my very special Christmas present from Ben..more to come on that later! :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! You are so crafty! And ahhhh! Did you get a Silhouette for Christmas??

    ReplyDelete